There has been a moderate rise in cases of Coronavirus in Blackburn with Darwen. We are working with community leaders to remind local people of the importance of sticking to the government’s rules – or risk facing a situation such as in Leicester.
It is vital that everyone adheres to social distancing guidelines and maintains good hygiene when outside of their homes.
- Stay at home if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands regularly using soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Keep 2m distance from people not in your household
- When meeting others avoid handshakes and embracing
- Wear a face covering in all enclosed public spaces
- Avoid or limit large extended family gatherings inside
- Meet outside safely following social distancing rules
About the mobile testing unit:
The new mobile testing unit for Blackburn with Darwen is open at Witton Park Academy from Monday to Friday this week, from 11am to 6pm. Anyone can be tested – you don’t need to have symptoms of coronavirus. This helps with ‘case finding’ – looking for people who may not know they have the virus because they don’t have symptoms.
You don’t need to book in for a test, but you do have to register beforehand. You can do this online at www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test – it only takes 10 minutes to register. If you can’t do this online and have no one to help you, you can call 119. Once registered, you will get a code that the mobile testing site can attach to your test.
Anyone driving to the test site at Witton Park Academy is reminded to keep their car windows closed until the staff ask you to open them. This is important to reduce the risk of spread of virus during the testing process itself. This info is available on The Shuttle at https://theshuttle.org.uk/coronavirus-how-to-use-new-mobile-testing-unit/